Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 13 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
Due to the expansion of the organisation we are looking to recruit an experienced Business Analyst to join our global Professional Services team.
The Business Analyst will be part of the professional services team, working to scope and deliver solutions to our existing and future customer base for all our software products which includes, mobile computing and communication software, back office software solutions and hosted environments. The Business Analyst will be a product expert capable of leading the customer to leverage the best business practices in the industry. This role can be based remotely and will involve travel to client sites and to our HQ in Limerick
Responsibilities will include:-
· Gain excellent understanding of the business issues and data challenges and industry. Be expert in the use of the our product and its configuration within the industry
· Work with specific project teams and with Product Manager(s) to capture requirements and develop specifications for both specific project deployments and roadmap development.
· Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions at customer sites.
· Develop functional specifications and system design specifications both for commonly identified requirements and for specific client engagements.
· Analyse client organization process against best in class, identify strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement.
· Work with client personnel to identify required changes.
· Communicate needed changes to development team.
· Consistently deliver high-quality services to our clients.
· Lead client meetings as a subject matter expert.
· Provide regular reporting to applicable managers, executive team, and the client as required.
· Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally as well as with clients and other vendors where appropriate.
· Engage in scoping and requirements gathering for new and existing projects as necessary.
· Have strong IT skills.
· Be able to understand customer requirements and relate these back to the project delivery team or software development team where appropriate.
Desired skills and experience
· 5 years + minimum experience in a similar role
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
· Fluent English
· Customer facing experience - taking meetings with customers, providing input to resolve any issues, and driving any actions to completion.
· A good knowledge of software engineering principles.
· Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
· Delivery of hosted ERP systems
· Knowledge of UML (Visual Modelling)
· Experience in the Waste Management and/ or Logistics sector would be an advantage.