Software Development Manager
Head of Software Development
Due to the continued level of growth at AMCS, we have an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Head of Software Development with experience of managing a large geographically dispersed team to deliver a high quality, feature rich, enterprise level SaaS solution. Based in Limerick, the candidate will demonstrate a proven ability of delivering large enterprise level SaaS solutions, have demonstrated a strong technical competence and will influence architecture, design and development of top quality feature rich applications. They will be metric driven, have a process oriented development philosophy, a deep understanding of software quality management, with a proven ability and interest in managing a development team to deliver a world class SaaS experience to AMCS customers.
As an Engineering Manager you will lead multiple teams of talented software engineers and work closely with Product Managers, Architects and DevOps to continuously deliver value to our customers.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the people, processes and metrics required to deliver a high quality SaaS application to a demanding marketplace.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure your teams have clear tactical and strategic backlogs.
- Balance competing priorities to ensure effective delivery of new features while resolving defects and managing technical debt.
- Recruit, develop, and motivate multiple high performing teams of engineers in various locations.
- Use data to objectively measure impact and optimize engineering processes.
- Meet deadlines, coordinate with technical team members to deliver quality results within a project’s deadlines.
- Bachelors of Science degree – in relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience managing software development projects.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on leadership of complex software development project delivery initiatives using industry standard toolsets.
- Proven track record in managing teams and the development of complex software involving global dependencies and international stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, balancing the requirements of the customer with a defined product release schedule using the resources available.
- Experience in software quality and test automation processes and systems
- Experience in the management of agile software development and a metric driven approach to software quality and release management
- Experience in continuous integration processes, continuous deployment methodologies and SaaS business strategies
- Familiarity with DevOps processes and strategies