Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
AMCS Group are technology leaders in the area of design and development of RFID tracking, weighing, mobile computing and communication hardware and software solutions. We currently have operations in Ireland, UK, Mainland Europe and the US.
We require a highly-motivated, conscientious and creative Business Intelligence & Database Reporting Analyst to join our team in Limerick, Ireland. Bringing excellent technical skills and sound software engineering discipline, you will promote the timely and cost-effective development of quality software products for our client base within the environmental sector.
Job Specification - Responsibilities
Responsible for the delivery, release, and maintenance of our product report function requirements.
Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for database management and statistical processes in support of internal and external reports development. The Database Reporting Analyst will also be responsible for data extraction and analysis from various systems for consistent reporting, including compliance reporting. This person will have experience in working closely with both project delivery and software development teams in determining reporting requirements and designing well-structured queries to ensure that underlying technologies function efficiently.
You will have full knowledge of the software development life cycle, with responsibility for participating and leading complex/major efforts regarding design (physical and logical) and development of reporting repositories and data structures. The Database Reporting Analyst is able to perform all aspects of the position with additional responsibilities including, but not limited to, those outlined below :-
- Design, develop, and update custom reports per user requirements. This individual will need to transform business logic into a reporting solution and create a reporting structure by which production of reports can be seamlessly repeatable and run by multiple individuals.
- Create complex sets of stored procedures using SQL Server and related views to process and retrieve stored data used in reports, executive dashboards, performance metric, and cubes.
- Build various and complex data universes using designer tools to be used in Crystal Reports and business intelligence reports.
- Provide on-going maintenance support of existing report inventory, and have the capacity to constantly tune and refine query logic to meet evolving reporting requirements.
- Compile, sort, and manipulate data per instructions to produce desired outcome within the allotted time with little direction.
- Create monthly report delivery, procedure, and scheduled instance plans. Develop and maintain a catalogue and calendar of internal and external reports.
- Analyses existing statistical reporting programs and processes and recommends program changes to adapt to new reporting requirements. Documents and coordinates processes for preparation of a variety of internal and external reports and surveys.
- Work with other Data Services team members to design, implement, and support near real-time interfaces from the Company’s existing systems and 3rd party and external partners to populate various data repositories
- Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant report writing, with a background in systems analysis, application programming and report development, or database development and extract work experience is required.
- Minimum of 4+ years of recent SQL Server and Crystal Report/Reporting Services Design & Development, with significant experience in using pivot tables, cubes, joining tables, and preparing reports using data from multiple sources is required.
- Experience with other reporting tools, such as Crystal Reports, Reporting Services, Business Objects, Business Objects Web Intelligence, Brio, or Cognos is required.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008 R2, ETL tools, SSIS/SSRS package development, VB.Net, Transact-SQL, stored procedures, table relationships, queries and views is required.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data modelling and ETL design is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent analytical and organisational abilities, oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of software engineering principles and software quality issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and efficiently, and form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers, and third parties.