AMCS Group is a global leader in the business and operational management software and vehicle technology for the recycling and waste management industry. AMCS’ software is managing over £3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and in excess of 3,000 sites.
ELEMOS, the company‘s flagship ERP software platform, is designed specifically for the waste and recycling industry. It is a comprehensive feature-rich, modular software suite which manages all elements of the resource recovery process from customer management, route planning, collections, and invoicing through to material sales and brokerage. It is combined with on-vehicle technology products such as dynamic bin weighing, RFID and on-vehicle computing to deliver an integrated end-to-end solution for C&I, recycling and municipal operators.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Android Developer for our Limerick HQ
- Design, develop and often lead projects of medium to high complexity.
- Develop custom applications and modify existing applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements.
- Code and debug software applications.
- Function within a SCRUM team and participate in planning, analysis, design, development, testing, production roll-out, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- Support the QA group in developing test plans, test scripts and preparing for production releases.
- Provide post-implementation and on-going production support as an on-call programmer.
- Support and troubleshoot complex production problems.
- Participate in research, evaluation and development of new technologies.
- Review error logs and assist others in debugging.
Key Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable amount of technical experience
- At least 4 years of software development experience, including advanced Mobile / Android development knowledge
- Cross Platform Software Experience (e.g. Xamarin, Cordova/PhoneGap)
- Strong tablet and phone app programming experience with C#, .Net
- Strong knowledge and experience working with XML Web Services
- Software development experience with large scale commercial Websites or Apps
- Strong knowledge and experience with Android Studio
- Experience with Git and other source control solutions
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK
- Experience with Android UI Design
- Experience with REST and JSON
- Experience with Service APIs
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs